Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Do gym members appreciate help on technique?

I was working out at the fitness center where I currently work and I look around at all the members who are doing exercises completely wrong. Don't get me wrong, my members try hard and I am happy that they are here, but my only concern is that they are doing these exercises completely wrong and may be hurting themselves more than helping.

What I would like to know is this. If you hire a personal trainer you EXPECT them to teach you and monitor your lifting technique. If you sign up for a class or a bootcamp you EXPECT your instructor to monitor your technique. DO YOU expect as a member of a gym for the employees to be keeping a careful watch on you and coming over to provide you with proper queing to improve your workout and prevent injury?

I put a poll on the right hand side of this blog. Please answer it as honestly as you can. It would be greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kettlebell Training in the Nashville News