Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

KB Bootcamp #13 (week 5)

Great class again today.  Today was more of a technique component which I agree is essential to make sure that everyone reviews the very basics of kettlebell exercises.  I was surprised to see that my Turkish Get Up and Swing could still use some work.  This tells me that I should not be practicing other "sexy"  kettlebell tricks until I can get these two movements down.  If I can't perfect these first, then I will be unable to perform the more demanding lifts later on.  

Today in class:
  • Warm up for 5 minutes including "the pump"
  • Get up practice 1 rep each side
  • Partner Turkish Get Ups 1 rep each side then partner goes for 10 minutes
  • Kettlebell Swings that ended up turning into the "carousel of pain"  30 seconds swings with 20 seconds rest for 11 rounds
40 minutes & 400 calories later we were done.  Also on another fun note, Nikki and I ordered our first set of actual kettlebells!  I can't wait for them to arrive so I can perfect my Turkish Get Ups and Swings.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Kettlebell Training in the Nashville News