Click Here for Cutting Edge Fitness

Thursday, August 13, 2009

RKC Prep Update

Been a while since I have updated everyone on how Nikki and I are doing for our preparation for out Russian Kettlebell Instructor Certification in San Diego, CA on Aug 28-30th.

2 weeks from today we will be on a plane for the west coast. I have been a little on edge lately. Don't think I have been this nervous for anything in my life. State wrestling was one but I was too young and naive to understand the ramifications of what I was about to accomplish. First day of college football and my first day of working at a Division I football school was nerve racking as well. My wedding I was a giddy nervous, I couldn't wait to get married to the love of my life.

I guess when you are so committed to a system (that being the RKC) you really want to not only pass, but perform very well.

If you are interested in seeing what the instructor certification requirements are, click here.

Our instructor Dave Whitley gave us some very encouraging words, he said basically that he feels that we have prepared well and are ready. Anything we need to improve on or "clean up"with our technique should be cleaned up during the certification. All we need to do now for the next 2 weeks is to maintain what we have and don't do anything to jeopardize our performance (example: tearing up our hands, pulling a hamstring, and so forth)

That is all for right now. I will definitely try and blog once or twice down in San Diego depending what is going on and give you a recap after it is all over and done with. I would love to be able to announce in 3 weeks that you are now speaking with Mark Snow, RKC and Nikki Snow, RKC!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I pulled out of the rkc course in hungary, due to lack of preparation. And i'm relieved now that i did, when i see how well prepared you guys are. I'm going to get good before signing up again, to avoid getting eaten alive by kettlebell sharks like yourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the best wishes and the compliment Davor. Look forward to calling you one of my fellow RKC's in the near future. Keep training hard!

    ReplyDelete

Kettlebell Training in the Nashville News